D-TA is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes diversity in the workplace. D-TA also welcomes applicants with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: June 15, 2022
The Administrative Assistant is part of the Finance & Admin team of a rapidly growing organization, reporting directly to the Accounting/Admin Supervisor. Our dynamic team operates in a collaborative, inclusive and multicultural environment, with the opportunity to contribute at all levels.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Act as a first point of contact to internal and external clients by handling phone/ switch board, front desk and visitor sign-in & sign-out
• Schedule and coordinate meetings for the management team
• Manage all hospitality requirements e.g., organizing lunches, hotels, travel, office functions, holiday parties etc.
• Assist in coordinating business meetings off-site including trade shows and networking events when needed
• Handle incoming/outgoing mail, manage bank deposits
• Liaison with contractors – cleaners, landscaping, snow removal, alarm system, and contact the maintenance POC for small repairs, renovations and upgrades
• Support to the executive team as required
• Assist with Health & Safety meetings and record minutes
• Other administrative duties as needed
• 3+ years relevant work experience
• College diploma in business / administration (asset)
• Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Positive can-do attitude, and quick learner
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
• Excellent and effective verbal, listening and written communication skills (bilingual an asset)
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency with the ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize
• Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
• Strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in his/her work
• Innovative and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive Compensation Package:
• Salary based upon experience, between $21-$24/hr
• Health and Group Benefits (100% premium paid by D-TA Systems)
• Vacation 2 weeks
• Complimentary parking
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of D-TA Systems’ standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment. All new employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within three (3) months from the date of issue.
No Agency Calls Please